Aquatic Aviation is looking for a video editor/videographer that wants a balanced work life that will include time in the office, as well as time outside video shooting our customers, executives, instructors, and products. Our main focus is to fill this new role with the responsibility of handling video editing and shooting tasks to keep our content productions running consistently and effectively while producing ROI through our video projects. The ideal candidate would have experience in both video editing and video shooting.
We are looking for a talented video editor to assemble recorded footage into a finished project that matches director’s vision and is suitable for broadcasting. Ultimately, as a film and video editor, you should be able to bring sight and sound together in order to tell a cohesive story
Video Editing Responsibilities
- includes but are not limited to managing video and sound files, content organization, storyboarding, creating shot lists completing projects on time, and producing the best content through video as possible.
Video Cameraman Responsibilities (Secondary) -
includes knowing your way around a DSLR camera. We want someone that knows how to use camera gear to get the right shots. On some projects, you will work with the team to produce behind the scene content for our social media channels and other platforms. You will need to be able to go out in the field to shoot what we need to shoot and be flexible with travel. You will be the backup camera guy and will shoot video when needed.
Reliable and flexible on the weekends. Commit to the role through the summer. Some weekday work will be available but mainly on Thursday and Fridays. Weekend availability is a must, this role is ideal for someone looking to supplement their income whilst working in a relaxed environment, and who has a passion for being in and around water. We are looking for someone with a slight entrepreneur mindset that is willing to put in the effort to help us grow into a multi-location company. We want a team member that believes in our vision and will put in the extra work to make dreams come true!
- Two years of experience minimum using Final Cut Pro, Adobe premier, or related editing software.
- Experience using a DSLR camera.
- Manipulating and editing film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Taking a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
- Reviewing shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with team members from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
- Experience with YouTube, Venmo, and Facebook Videos
- Have a BS in a related field
- Have experience with water sports or action sports
- Own camera and computer equipment they are willing to use while working at Aquatic Aviation
- Loves to travel and adventure
- Marketing Background
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D, and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- BS degree in film studies, cinematography or related field
|Job Category||Video Editor/Videographer|
|Job Level||Entry Level, Intermediate Level|
|Experience Required||2+ Years of Related Experience |